Author Topic: Gynecomastia Revision Forum - Referral California Puffy Nipple Complication  (Read 4712 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
Hi Dr. Bermant,

Hope all is well. I came to see you a few years ago about possibly doing a male gynecomastia (puffy nipples) surgery. (Technically I suppose it would be a revision--I've already had one surgery for it about ten years ago from a different surgeon that helped but didn't completely fix the issue.)

I'm dismayed that you're retiring, though I know it is well-deserved! I was planning on trying to do the surgery with you in a few years when I had more discretionary income.

I guess that's no longer a possibility of course...but I did want to ask if you knew of any surgeons, preferably on the west coast (particularly Southern California) who use a similar technique as you do (which, if I understand correctly, is more about removing the glandular tissue and leaving/sculpting most of the fat in place).

Thanks for any leads; hopefully I'll be able to do the surgery in a few years with someone whom you have trained or at least have some confidence in...and congrats on your retirement!

Best regards,

I see many California Gynecomastia Patients who prefer my techniques. Sorry, my retirement does not fit your window for surgical planning.  We still have surgical time available. If interested, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Regretfully, I do not know of someone who is using my methods to document the problem and results nor use my Gynecomastia Surgery Methodology of targeting the gland first. When surgeons ask the public to believe results based on such limited images as 1 or 2 views of the chest, ignore how tissues look when living life, flexing muscles and moving arms, then having surgery done by them becomes a gamble. You do not really know what you are getting. I really feel that liposuction first followed by possible gland removal is a non-starting point. I have just seen too many unhappy patients from that order of surgery. So many in fact that I named the Puffy Nipple Complication for the deformity I was seeing from other doctors. Until I see better results with any other method, I would have a problem with another approach.

To that end I have been trying to educate the public about issues involved with understanding the Gynecomastia Male Chest Contour Deformity. I then built resources to Evaluate Pictures of the Male Chest & Gynecomastia Surgery Results, and then How To Pick a Gynecomastia Surgeon.

This Gynecomastia Forum is an attempt to provide a blend of easy access resources in our floating navigation bar with a meeting place for those with this problem to share experiences, observations, demonstrate problems and results.

Perhaps over time others will step up to demonstrate similar results or even go beyond what I evolved over the years. My methods certainly did not stand still and I expect, that with critical methodology, the science of surgical sculpture will continue to advance. The question becomes separating the hype of salesmanship from demonstrable results.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates