Author Topic: Gynecomastia Surgery Recovery Forum - Can I Keep Private From Family & Friends?  (Read 6460 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I want to keep this from my family and friends, how can I keep this private?

Quite a few of my patients have their surgery and keep the issue private from their family. Someone needs to be with any patient who is discharged after sedation or general anesthesia, it is a safety regulation for any Credentialed Operating Room. When our patients do not have a family member or friend, then we are happy to help arrange a nurse for the necessary time interval. Remember hiding that you have had surgery depends on what happens after surgery. It is harder to hide pain and discomfort and swelling and bruising after gynecomastia surgery. The more refined the sculpting process, the less the injury, the easier it is to look and feel comfortable after surgery. Many doctors do not post the path that their patients need to travel to get from the before to after surgery results. The healing after gynecomastia surgery seen on my website is typical for my patients. For years my documentation was used by me to help evolve my techniques to permit patients to move on with their lives in the easiest possible fashion. I then put that up for all to see and help improve the education process and the public differentiate between what any one doctor offers.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I absolutely need to do this surgery without my parents finding out (as they will certainly not approve). I figure this would not be that large an issue since I am 20 years old, but I don't want them to find out through medical documents etc. Is this a feasible plan? I am not sure how the health care system works- Will the surgery show up on medical documents that are mailed to my house?

We have many patients requesting privacy from family. Our office is happy to help with such issues. Our forms can be sent by email. Jane is my office manager and can explain what steps can be taken with others involved with the surgery such as the Pathology Services bill.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything