Author Topic: Gynecomastia Forum - My breasts are painful, I just want them cut out!  (Read 6050 times)

Offline DrBermant

• Plastic Surgeon - Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Mentor Member
    • View Profile
    • Bermant Plastic Surgery
I am sick and tired of my gyno. My breasts are painful, I just want them cut out!

Breast Pain is one of the Symptoms of Gynecomastia. Discomfort is usually from the hormonal stimulation and pressure of growth of the gland tissues. Sensitivity and discomfort are also seen in women during their menstrual cycles and after birth. It is the same process.

Surgery does not stop breast pain. Shreds of gland will remain behind with any surgery technique, even something as disfiguring as a radical mastectomy for men. Fingers of gland extend between fingers of fat. To understand this take a look at the Anatomy of Gynecomastia.

When a cause can be found and stabilized, there is a much better chance to minimize recurrence.  Sometimes the pain is due to physical trauma, such as constantly pinching the nipples to flatten them.  I have had patients relieve that symptom of discomfort just by wearing a body shaping compression vest. There are other possible causes of discomfort in the male chest that are better evaluated by a competent doctor during an examination.

A better course of action would be to find out what is going on and stabilize it before considering surgery. Otherwise with an uncorrected problem, there is a significant chance for recurrence.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Surgery
Michael Bermant, MD
Retired Plastic Surgeon
Surgical Sculptor, Artist, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver
Plastic Surgery
Follow DrBermant on Twitter
Like us on Facebook:
Encyclopedia News
Forum Updates

anything